Friday, July 27, 2012

The Difference Between Listen And Hear.

Wow...so God just did something crazy awesome weird amazing...we were all sitting here, praying, just thanking God for our experiences on our trips and...I was like...yap-yap-yapping away to God about how blessed I am and how thankful I am and just everything I was soooo thankful for and all that crap and suddenly I was back on the soccer field, having my quiet time. Secluded. No people anywhere. Completely alone.  I was looking at the beautiful Costa Rican plants around me, then I closed my eyes and there wasn't a single sound except for the soft whisper of a gentle breeze. I tugged on my sweatshirt so that the sleeves hugged my hands and the hood nestled my head.  As I toyed with a lush blade of grass, eyes closed, God's whisper tickled my ear as the breeze blew by... "listen...feel my peace..." 
Inhale. Exhale. Calm. Peace.
Eyelids flutter open. I'm in the middle of the soccer field. Beautiful flowers. No people. Breezes kiss and go. Me and God. Dios en mi.
"listen...feel my peace..."
Eyes close shut. Peace. A smile grows on my lips. A breeze kisses me, then leaves to comfort others. Inhale. Exhale.
"listen...feel my peace..."
I opened my eyes and I'm back in the auditorium. Tears fill my eyes. A few escape and I feel so alone even though I'm with my team, mi familia...I'm in a room full of other teams. And I'm alone. Tears fall. Then the words echo once more.
"listen...feel my peace..."
God, help me cope with this life without forgetting all that you've done.

2 comments: