Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Feeding the More Than 1 Billion

"Maybe you feel led to minister to Communist China even though there's a risk of being arrested and never coming back!" He nearly yelled it. At this point, Clayton was riled up. He went on to say, "Maybe you're just a girl from the middle of nowhere Virginia!"
No. 
"North Carolina!"
Ugh. 
"South Carolina!"
C'mon!!!!
"Georgia!!"
THAT'S ME!!!!! 
"..that doesn't feel like she has anything to lay before the LORD to use. She doesn't feel like she's anything special.."
That's me. 
"..She doesn't feel like she has anything to offer. She's just another kid."
...That's me....
Clayton went on. He spoke of Jesus feeding the 5,000. In John 6, Jesus was asking for food to give to the hungry crowd, the crowd that's actually thousands more than is listed. Andrew, a disciple, brought a young boy to him, a boy that had five small loaves of bread and two fish. This boy offered Jesus his "little, Jewish lunchable". This child essentially walked up to Jesus and said, "Here. Here is my food. It's not a lot, in fact, it's not much at all. But here's the deal, it's all I have, and I want you to have it." 
Jesus used that kid to feed thousands upon thousands of people. 
China's been calling my name for years. For years, I've wrestled with God. I finally went. I finally answered the call. I haven't said good-bye yet. 
Here's the deal... Who am I? 
I don't have anything to give. I'm nothing special. I have nothing to offer anyone. I'm just another kid. 
But there's a country that's hungry. There are more than one billion people in China that are hungry for the LORD. I don't have much to offer, but You can have all I've got, God.. Send me. Use me. It's not much, but it's all I have. 

Turns out...all He truly needed was my "little, Jewish lunchable". 

1 comment:

  1. Always remember John 6:11- Then Jesus took the loaves, GAVE THANKS TO GOD, and distributed them to the people. Afterward he did the same with the fish. And they all ate as much as they wanted. First, we must be thankful for what we have, then we realize that we have plenty. I'm so proud of you, bb!

    ReplyDelete